Maa Sati and story of Shaktipeethas.
In Hinduism, the divinity and power of a woman is considered the most creative force in the universe. Hindus across the world celebrate the power of the Goddess through many festivals such as Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Navratri. Shaktipeeth came into existence due to the power of Goddess. Shaktipeeths are very important in Indian spiritual history. In Navratri, nine forms of Maa Bhavani are worshiped and praising is performed. By the way, mother's power is present in every particle. The control of nature is established on the whole world by power and power is worshiped.
Mother Durga has been given a very important place in Hinduism. Also Durga is an extremely powerful goddess in mythology. The Puranas have a very special significance in Hinduism. Maa Durga removes all the troubles and destroys evil forces. No devotee goes empty-handed from the court of the mother. The mother fulfills all their wishes, who worships the mother with true heart and full devotion. Describing the power of Mother Durga and her kindness is impossible . Mother's Shakti Peethas are described very well in the Puranas. Mother's Navratri is the main festival of Hinduism, which all devotees eagerly waiting and worship Maa Durga in the Navratri. Navratri is going to come in India and with this, mother's cheers will resonate everywhere. The nine different forms of mother are worshiped in the Navratras of Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri. This festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm all over India. In such a situation, there is a very grand view on the Shaktipeeth of the mother Durga and all of the devotees of the mother are gather in Shaktipeeth. The glory of all these Shaktipeeths in the Puranas is immense and these Shaktipeeths are spread all over the Indian subcontinent. This Shaktipeeth remains where the Goddess Sati's body part, clothes and jewelry fell.
Different things have been said in the texts about the location and number of Shaktipeeths. The Kalika Purana mentions the number of Shaktipeeths as 26. The number of Shakti Peethas are 51 according to the Shivacharitra. According to Tantra Chudamani, Markandeya Purana, Shakti Peetha is 51. 108 Shakti Peethas are mentioned in Devi Bhagwat and 72 in Devi Gita. India is a Hindu-dominated country. There are lakhs of pilgrimage and religious places in India. Many of these pilgrimage and religious places have been considered more important in Hinduism. Among them, 51 Shaktipeeth Temple is also included. Which is considered very important in Hinduism. Which is in different places in India.
So in this article, we will give you information about the 51 most famous Shaktipeeths in the subcontinent of India. So let's travel to the main Shaktipeeths of India, but before that we will know the story of Shaktipeeth.
in the context of these 51 Shaktipeeths located in India and abroad is that as the daughter of King Prajapati Daksha, Mother Jagadambika was born as Sati and married Lord Shiva. Once a group of sages were performing a yajna. All the deities were invited in the yajna. When King Daksha came, all the people stood up but Lord Shiva could not stand. Lord Shiva was Daksha's son-in-law. Seeing this, King Daksha became very angry. Daksha always looked at his son-in-law Shiva with disdain.
King Dasaksha considered it his insult and spoke many harsh words to Shiva. But Shiva did not say anything but Nandi did not see this insult to Shiva. There was a lot of debate… I have published this story on this blog before… You can read it in The curse series. Sati's father Raja Prajapati Daksha performed a yajna called 'Brihaspati Sarva / Brhashani' at Kankhal (Haridwar). Brahma, Vishnu, Indra and other gods and goddesses were invited to that yagya, but deliberately did not send an invitation to Lord Shiva, (the husband of his daughter and Sati), to join this yagna. Due to which Lord Shiva did not join this yagna. When Sati comes to know from Naradaji that her father is going to perform the yagna but she is not invited. She got angry after knowing this. Naradaji advises her that there is no needed to see the invitation to go to the father. When Sati started going to her father's house, Lord Shiva refused. Without invited by the father and also stopped her by Shankarji but Sati stubbornly go to join yajna .
At the place of yajna, Sati asked her father Daksha the reason for not inviting Shankar ji and expressed fierce opposition to her father. On this, Daksha started talking abusive things about Lord Shankar in front of Sati. Sati, suffering from this humiliation, could not tolerate all this and jumped into the sacrificial fire and gave up her life. When Lord Shankar came to know of this accident, his third eye opened with anger. There was a chaos like a holocaust everywhere.
On the orders of Lord Shankar, Veerabhadra beheaded Daksha and also punished the other gods for hearing Shiva's condemnation and all the gods and sages, fearing the fierce anger of Shiva's ganas, fled the yajna's place. Then Lord Shiva took Sati's dead body out from the Yajnakund, kept on the shoulder and started touring the entire grief-stricken world. Bhagwati Sati appeared to Shiva in space and told him that wherever the sections of her body split and fall, there will be established of the Shaktipeethas.
Taking Sati's body, Shiva wandering on the earth and started dancing Tandava, due to which the state of holocaust started to occur. Seeing the distraught of the three worlds including the earth and at the request of the gods, Lord Vishnu splitting Sati's body with the Sudarshan Chakra.
Where Shiva slammed leg into the dance posture, Vishnu cut off a part of the her body from his Chakra and dropped its pieces on the earth. According to 'Tantra-Chudamani', where the pieces of the part of Sati, the clothes or the jewels fell, Shaktipeeth came into existence. In this way, Shaktipeeths of Mata were constructed in 51 places. In the next birth, Sati was born as Parvati to the home of the Himwan king and regained Shiva after doing hard penance.
Description of Shaktipeeth .
01 . Kirit Katyayani Shaktipeeth - Kirit Shaktipeeth, situated on the Lalbagh Kot, on the banks of the Hooghly River in West Bengal, where Sati Mata's kirit i.e. Shirabhushan or crown was dropped. Here's Shakti is Vimala or Bhuvaneshwari and Bhairava is Samvart.
02. Katyayani Shaktipeeth - Vrindavan, located in Bhuteshwar of Mathura, Katyayani Vrindavan Shaktipeeth where the hair of Sati fell. Here's Shakti is in Devi Katyayani and Bhairav is Bhutesh.
03. Karveer Shaktipeeth - This Shaktipeeth is located in Kolhapur, Maharashtra, where the Trinetra of Mata fell. Here's Shakti is Mahishasuramardini and Bhairav isKrodhashish. It is believed to be the personal residence of Mahalakshmi.
04. Shri Parvat Shaktipeeth - There are differences among scholars regarding this Shaktipeeth. Some scholars believe that the original site of this Peeth is Ladakh, while some believe that it is in Sylhet of Assam where the south talpa(Temples or kanpatee) of Mother Sati fell. Here's Shakti is Shri Sundari and Bhairav is Sundarananda.
05. Visalakshi Shaktipeeth - Shaktipeeth is located on the Mirghat of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, where the gem of the right ear of Mother Sati fell. Here's Shakti is Vishalakshi and Bhairav is Kaal Bhairava.
06. Godavari Shaktipeeth - This Shaktipeeth is situated on the Godavari coast in Kabbur, Andhra Pradesh, where the mother's left cheek was dropped. Here Shakti is Vishveshwari or Rukmani and Bhairav is Dandapani.
07. Shuchindram Shaktipeeth - This Shuchi Shaktipeeth, located at the Trisagar Sangam site of Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, where the upper teeth of Sati fell, here Shakti is Narayani and Bhairav is Sanhar or Sankur.
08. Panch Sagar Shaktipeeth - No definite location of this Shaktipeeth is known, but the lower teeth of the mother fell here. Here's Shakti is Varahi and Bhairav is Maharudra.
09. Jwalamukhi Shaktipeeth - This Shaktipeeth is located in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, where the tongue of Sati fell. Here Shakti is Siddhida and Bhairav is Unmata.
10. Bhairav Parvat Shaktipeeth - There is a difference of opinion among scholars regarding this Shaktipeeth. Some consider the Bhairav mountain near Girinar in Gujarat to be a real Shaktipeeth and other on the banks of the Kshipra river near Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh, where the upper lips of Mata fell. Here's is Avanti and Bhairav is Lumbarkarna.
11. Atthas Shaktipeeth - Atthas Shaktipeeth is located in Labpur, West Bengal. Where the Mata's lower lip was dropped. Here Shakti is Phullara Devi and Bhairav isVishvesh.
12. Jansthan Shaktipeeth - Located in Panchvati, Maharashtra , Nashik, Jansthan Shaktipeeth where mother's chin fell. Here Shakti is Bhramari and Bhairav is Vikritaksha.
13. Kashmir Shaktipeeth - Located in Amarnath, Jammu and Kashmir, this Shaktipeeth where the throat of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Mahamaya and Bhairav is Trisandhyeshwar.
14. Nandipur Shaktipeeth - Situated in Santhya, West Bengal, this Peetha, where the necklace of Devi's body fell. Here Shakti Nandini and Bhairav are Nandakeshwar.
15. Shri Shail Shaktipeeth - Shri Shail's Shaktipeeth near Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh, where the mother's cervix was dropped. Here Shakti is Mahalakshmi and Bhairav is Sanvaranand or Ishwaranand.
16. Nalhari Shaktipeeth - Nalhari Shaktipeeth is in Bolpur, West Bengal, where the Udarnali (Intestine) of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Kalika and Bhairav is Yogish.
17. Mithila Shaktipeeth - Its exact location is unknown. Mithila Shaktipeeth is considered at three places, that is, Janakpur in Nepal, Samastipur and Saharsa in Bihar, where the left wing of Mata fell. Here Shakti is Uma or Mahadevi and Bhairav is Mahodar.
18. Ratnavali Shaktipeeth - Its exact location is unknown, it is located somewhere in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Ratnavali Shaktipeeth where the south wing of Mata fell. Here Shakti is Kumari and Bhairav is Shiva.
19. Ambaji Shaktipeeth, Prabhas Peeth - On the first peak of Girnar mountain of Gujarat Junagarh, there is a huge huge temple of Goddess Ambaka, where the mother's belly was dropped. Here Shakti is Chandrabhaga and Bhairav is Vakratund. It is also believed that Sati's upper lips fell near Girinar mountain, where Shakti is Avanti and Bhairav is Lambarkana.
20. Jalandhar Shaktipeeth - Mata's Jalandhra Shaktipeeth is located in Jalandhra, Punjab where mother's left breast was dropped. Here Shakti is Tripurmalini and Bhairav is Bheeshna.
21. Ramagari Shaktipeeth - There is a difference of opinion among scholars regarding the position of this Shakti Peetha. Some believe in Chitrakoot of Uttar Pradesh, some in Maihar in Madhya Pradesh, where the right breast of the mother fell. The Shakti of this place is Shivani and Bhairav is Chand.
22. Vaidyanath's Hadra Shaktipeeth - Vaidyanath Hadra Shaktipeeth is located in Giridih, Deoghar, Jharkhand, where Mother's heart fell. Here Shakti is Jayadurga and Bhairav is Vaidyanath. According to a belief, Sati was cremated here too.
23. Vaktreshwar Shaktipeeth - This Shaktipeeth of Mata is located in Sainthia, West Bengal where the mother's brain fell. Here Shakti is Mahishasuramardini and Bhairav is Vaktranath.
24. Kanyakashram Kanyakumari Shaktipeeth - Kanyakashram Shaktipeeth is situated at the confluence of the three seas of the Indian Ocean, the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, where the mother's back was dropped. The Shakti here is Sharvani or Narayani and Bhairava is Nimishi or Sathanu.
25. Bahula Shaktipeeth - Bahula Shaktipeeth is located in Ketugram near Katwa Junction in West Bengal, where the left arm of Mata was dropped. Here Shakti is Bahula and Bhairav is Bhiruk.
26. Ujjayini Shaktipeeth - Ujjaini Shaktipeeth is situated on both the banks of the holy Kshipra of Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. Where Mother's elbow had fallen. Here Shakti is Mangal Chandika and Bhairav is Mangalya Kapilambar.
27. Manivedika Shaktipeeth - Located in Pushkar, Rajasthan, Manidevika Shaktipeeth, popularly known as Gayatri Mandir, was the place where the wrist of mother fell. Here Shakti is Gayatri and Bhairav is Sharwanand.
28. Prayag Shaktipeeth - Located in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. Mother's hand fingers fell here. However, differences over places are considered to have fallen here at Akshayavat, Meerapur and Alopi. Shakti Peeth's Shakti is Lalita Devi and Bhairav is Bhav.
29. Virjakshetra, Utkal Shaktipeeth - believed to be in Puri and Yajpur in Orissa where the mother's navel was dropped. Here Shakti is Vimala and Bhairav is Jagannath Purushottam.
30. Kanchi Shaktipeeth - Kanchi Shaktipeeth is located in Kanchivaram, Tamil Nadu, where the skeleton of the mother was dropped. Here Shakti is Devagrabha and Bhairava is Ruru.
31. Kalamadhva Shaktipeeth - No definite location is known about this Shaktipeeth. But, the left buttock of the mother was dropped here. Here Shakti is Kali and Bhairav is Asitanga.
32. Shon Shaktipeeth - Narmada Temple of Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh is Shon Shaktipeeth. Mata's south buttocks fell here. Another belief is that the Tarachandi temple of Sasaram in Bihar is the Shona Tantastha Shaktipeeth. It is believed that the right eye of Sati fell here. Here Shakti is Narmada or Shonakshi and Bhairav is Bhadrasen.
33. Kamrup Kamakhya Shaktipeeth - Kamagiri of Asaam ,this Shaktipeeth is situated on the Kamagiri mountain of Guwahati, where the mother's vagina was dropped. Here Shakti is Kamakhya and Bhairav is Umanath.
34. Jayanti Shaktipeeth - Jayanti Shaktipeeth is situated on the Jaintia hill of Meghalaya, where the left thigh of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Jayanti and Bhairav is Kramadishwar.
35. Magadha Shaktipeeth - Patneshwari Devi, located in Patna, capital of Bihar, is considered to be the Shaktipeeth where the right thigh of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Sarvanandakari and Bhairav isVyomkesh.
36. Tristota Shaktipeeth - Tristota Shaktipeeth is located on the river Teesta in Shalwadi village of Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, where the left foot of the mother was dropped. Here Shakti is Bhramari and Bhairav is Ishwar.
37. Tripuri Sundari Shaktitripuri Peeth - Located in Radha Kishore village of Tripura, Tripure Sundari Shaktipeeth, where the south foot of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Triapur Sundari and Bhairav is Tripuresh.
38. Vibhash Shaktipeeth - Vibhash Shaktipeeth is located in Tamraluk village of Midnapore, West Bengal, where the left ankle of Mata was dropped. Here Shakti is Kapalini, Bhimarupa and Bhairav is Sarvanand.
39. Devikup Peeth Kurukshetra (Shaktipeeth) - Kurukshetra Shaktipeeth, located near Dwaipayan Sarovar near Kurukshetra Junction in Haryana, known as Sridevikup (Bhadrakali Peeth. Here the right ankle of the mother was dropped. Here Shakti is the Savitri and Bhairav is Sthanu.
40. Yugadya Shaktipeeth (Kshiragram Shaktipeeth) - Yugadya Shaktipeeth is located in Kshiragram in Bardaman district of West Bengal, where the thumb of the right leg of Sati fell. Here Shakti is Yugadya and Bhairav is Kshirkantak.
41. Ambika Shaktipeeth of Virat - Virat Shaktipeeth is located in Vairatagram, Jaipur, Pink City of Rajasthan, where Sati's 'right toe fingers' fell. Here Shakti is Ambika and Bhairav is Amrit.
42. Kali Shaktipeeth - This Shaktipeeth, popularly known as Kalimandir, in Kalighat, West Bengal, Kolkata, where 4 other fingers fell, leaving the thumb of the right foot of the mother . Here Shakti is Kalika and Bhairav is Nakulesh.
43. Manas Shaktipeeth - Located on the Mansarovar coast of Tibet, Manas Shaktipeeth, where the right palm of the mother fell. Here Shakti is Dakshayani and Bhairava is Amar.
44. Lanka Shaktipeeth - Lanka Shaktipeeth is located in Sri Lanka, where Nupur of Mata fell. Here shakti is Indrakshi and Bhairav is Rakshaseshwar. However, that place is not known at which place of Sri Lanka body part was fell.
45. Gandaki Shaktipeeth - Gandaki Shaktipeeth is located at the origin of the Gandaki River in Nepal, where the right cheek of Sati fell. Here Shakti is 'Gandaki' and Bhairav is 'Chakrapani'.
46. Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth - Situated near the Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu, Nepal is the Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth, where both Janu (knees) of Mother Sati fell. Here Shakti is 'Mahamaya' and Bhairava is 'Kapala'.
47. Hinglaj Shaktipeeth - Mata Hinglaj Shaktipeeth, located in the province of Bluechistan, Pakistan, where Brahmarandhra of Mata was dropped. Here shakti is Bhairavi Devi and Bhairav is Bheemlochan.
48. Sugandha Shaktipeeth - Located on the banks of the Sugandha river in Khulna, Bangladesh, Shaktipeeth of Ugratara Devi, where the mother's nose was dropped. The goddess here is Sunanda and Bhairav is Trimbak.
49. Karatoyaghat Shaktipeeth - Bangladesh Karatoyaghat Shaktipeeth is situated on the banks of river Karatoya in Begada, Bhawanipur, where the left sole of Mata was dropped. Here Goddess Aparna and Shiva Vamana reside in Bhairava.
50. Chattal Shaktipeeth - Located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, Bhawani Shaktipeeth of Chattal, where the right arm of the mother, that is, the arm was dropped. Here Shakti is Bhavani and Bherav is Chandrashekhar.
51. Yashoreswari Shaktipeeth - Located in Jasore Khulna, Bangladesh, the famous Yashoreshwari Shaktipeeth of Mata, where the left palm of Mata fell. Here Shakti is Yashoreswari and Bhairav is Chandra .
Post a Comment
Please do not comment indecently, take care of the dignity of the language, do not give any spam link comment box.